Wednesday, October 24, 2012

More of the Ordinary...


I just don't know where to begin.  My home is completely turned upside down, and I have six sweet ones under my care, and I teach them here in our turned upside down home.  It is so funny, but this is still a very peaceful time in our lives.  No matter what lies ahead, these are sweet days, and I am thankful for every one of them!  The boys are all here reading and learning and busy about their daily tasks.  Em is in the corner just a swinging in her swing cooing happily.  My house is more dirty than usual.  Clutter is everywhere.  My clothes are split between two closets.  I feel paralyzed to tackle all that lies in front of me!  But, still I rise each morning, grab my coffee cup and my Bible, and thank Him for every bit of every thing.  And, I know deep down that one day things will be organized and put away, and life will once again fall into some sort of pattern that we all know and love.  But, until then, my heart is happy with the chaos ~ as long as I can burn pumpkin spice candles, stare at gorgeous fall foliage, and feel the cool crisp air of autumn!  JOY!  Pictures of life...

Jack has to take medicine twice a day to prevent seizures.  We have found that he takes it best from the boys.  We all stand around and chant, "Go, Jack, go!" while either Joshua or James gives him his dose. They usually add fun airplane noises and dance around the room to make him laugh.  :-)


I'm guessing this is why they call it the mudroom...


James loves to teach ~ particularly, he loves to teach math! Probably this is because math is his favorite subject.  So, I have really gone with this.  I use him to help me teach Elijah.  He grades Elijah's math worksheets everyday with smiley faces and "great job"s and lots of stickers!  He can be very picky! :-/  But, he is so encouraging, and he loves doing it so much!  


I caught the big boys just hanging out reading Revelation the other day.  :-) So funny to me because I remember thinking it was so fun to read Revelation when I was a kid!!!  I saw a tweet from David Platt the other day that said all of Revelation could be summed up in three words... OUR GOD WINS!!!  I shared his tweet with the boys, and they loved it!!!! :-)


Love it when I can catch sweet moments like this on camera...


Elijah lost his first tooth last week!!! :-)  He literally let it fall out ~ it was soooo loose.  He was so proud! 


My girl with a light saber...


I asked my knights to go on a quest for autumn, and this is what they brought me...


Picnic lunches abound during fall...


Love, love, love...


Pop came for a quick visit last week...


Sweet days and thankful hearts all around!!!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

All the photos are darling, but Sweet Em sucking her thumb on Pop's chest is precious!!! I'm soooooo glad you have a daughter to add sweetness to all those fun boys, Erin! Love you :)

Sarah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved